Brothers and Sisters,
Welcome to our summer convention. We have spent months preparing the information to present to our community. We have an educational bonanza in store for you. While here you will be learning about the latest methods for handling UR and IMR, ensuring that your clients obtain appropriate medical treatment and what to do when treatment is delayed or denied. You will also learn about what a catastrophic injury is, and how to distinguish direct psychological injuries from consequential injuries. We will hear discussion of the distinction between neuropsychological injuries and psychiatric injuries from cutting-edge clinicians. You will learn the latest trends in handling apportionment in hundred percent cases, trends in ethics, and how best to handle issues across the board during our Most Important Cases program. While here we hope that you will take time to enjoy all that Reno has to offer with your colleagues, friends and families.
1. You are not interested in learning the current, cutting edge, theories about how to rebut the AMA guides; you feel that the generic AMA guides ratings are always accurate.
2. You do not want to hear Mark Gearheart discuss how to avoid apportionment in 100% cases.
3. Utilization Review and Independent Medical Review are working wonderfully and you are having no problems getting medical care for your injured worker clients.
4. All of the Medicare Set-asides you review are a complete and accurate reflection of your client’s future medical needs and costs.
5. You are not concerned about the loss of psychological compensable consequences for post 1/1/13 cases and you already fully understand how to prove a “catastrophic” injury.
6. You’ve already learned everything you need to know at the workers’ compensation defense convention.
7. You would rather go to a more expensive convention, where the room rates are higher than $115 per night.
8. You’ve been to Reno too many times recently.
In all seriousness, this will be a convention NOT to be missed. Please take a look at the 2014 Summer Convention Program. As usual, CAAA intends to provide you with the highest level of education available in the California Worker’s Compensation system. The Reno/Tahoe area offers an abundance of activities including golf, water sports and casino shows. Visit our Reno/Tahoe Events page for a complete list of things to do and special events. Please join us in Reno!
CAAA Convention Co-Chair, North