Register now for immediate access to this program.Register Now
$1,295 for Non-Members
July 5, 2018
California Applicants' Attorneys Association
Apportionment, Benefits, Lien and Credit Issues, Penalties and Sanctions, Trial Skills, Workers' Compensation
The California Applicants’ Attorneys Association is excited to reintroduce our highly regarded Californian Applicants' Attorneys University (aka CAAAU). This program is a tradition for our organization which teaches the basics to the most complicated of legal issues in workers' compensation. CAAAU has been one of our most popular programs over the years and after much anticipation we are launching it again in 2018. This program was originally offered online as a live webcast.
If you are new to workers' compensation or maybe need a refresher in some of the topics we are offering, watch now!
- Session One: Introduction-- What is Comp? How is comp different than tort? What is the WCAB? Trial and Appellate function of the WCAB. Injury AOE/COE
- Session Two: AOE/COE (continued); The Benefits-- What are they? TD, TX, PD, SJDB, Death Benefits, special penalties--132a, S&W
- Session Three: Medical Care and Treatment
- Session Four: Temporary Disability, Earnings and Death Benefits
- Session Five: Permanent Disability and Apportionment
- Session Six: Procedure--Applications, DORs, Reopening, MSCs, Status Conferences, Trials, etc.
- Session Seven: Special Issues: Penalties, 132a, S&W, SIBTF, Third Party
- Session Eight: Appellate Law and Practice; Liens
The activity has been approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California in the amount of 16 hours as appropriate to the content of the activities and CAAA certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education. Provider #1279. CAAA has been approved for 16 hours of Legal Specialization credit. Provider #1279.
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following titles and components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.